Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. is a U.S. and international corporate lawyer who works with companies across the globe. She is the managing attorney of Gonzalo Law LLC, a U.S. and international corporate law firm with offices in Florida and Ohio. In addition to the active practice of law, she has served as adjunct faculty of international corporate law at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law for three years. She was recognized as a rising star by the national organization, Super Lawyers, in 2019 and 2020. Her practice areas include: international corporate law, intellectual property law, and nonprofit law.
- The Ohio State University, J.D. with Honors, 2009.
- University of Oxford, St Anne’s College, Visiting Scholar, 2008.
- New York University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2004.
- Bar Admission to the State of Ohio, 2010
S. Dist. Ct. N. Dist. of Ohio
- Bar Admission to the State of Florida, 2015.
- Ohio Notary Public Commission
- Florida Notary Public Commission
- Medical Practices
- Super Lawyers ® Awardee: 2019 and 2020
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association (Business Law Section and Forum on International Law Society)
- Ohio Bar Association
- Eight Judicial Circuit Bar Association
COMMUNITY BOARDS OF DIRECTORS
- Created Gainesville, Board Secretary
- Ginn Academy, Member of the Board of Directors
- Active Member of Alive Church in Gainesville, Florida
- Gonzalo, Nouvelle L. “Has COVID-19 Left Your Contract Dead in the Water? 7 Strategies for U.S. and International Contracts in the Face of a Global Pandemic.” Homebusinessmag.com, 26 Mar. 2020, homebusinessmag.com/management/legalese/covid019-left-your-contract-dead-7-strategies-u-s-international-contracts-global-pandemic/.
- Nouvelle Gonzalo Esq., International Business, in Florida Bar International Law Section, International Law Handbook and Desk Reference Volume 1, 13-26 (Publication Pending 2020).
- Gonzalo, Nouvelle L. “International Trademark Registration: Nine Lessons Learned from Harry and Meghan.” IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law, 12 Apr. 2020, www.ipwatchdog.com/2020/04/13/international-trademark-registration-nine-lessons-learned-harry-meghan/id=120530/.
- Taking Your Business Global: The Legal Case for It. International Law Quarterly, Spring 2019, 12-13 and 42-47. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. with Kristen Motola and Farhaan Anjum.
- May the Odds Be in Your Favor. How A Recent Supreme Court Decision Restricting Penalties Favors Business. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. and Yihan Wang, Esq. Feature Article in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Journal. January of 2014.
- Challenges to Expanding A Non-Profit Into Russia. By Eugene E. Friedman and Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. Published August 2012 in JDSupra.
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement Effects on Digital Trademark and Copyright Piracy. Daniel Bain with contributions from Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. Published August 2011 in JD Supra
- Investing in Brazil: A Way to Increase U.S and Ohio Business Profits?Caroline Blanco, Esq. and Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. Published August 2011 in JD Supra.
- The Dual Power of Spanish National Courts to Enforce and Annul Arbitration Awards When Unjust Clauses are Rendered Void.Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. and Calvin Hamilton Esq. Mealy’s International Arbitration Review. Published in the June 2010 Issue.
- Regulating Cuba: The Legality of U.S. Sanctions against Cuba in Commercial Transactions.Completed by Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. at Oxford, University in May of 2008.
- Multi-Cultural Approaches to Conflict Resolution.Completed by Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. at New York University in conjunction with a research grant from the Circumnavigator’s Club in October of 2004.
Presentations and Webcasts
- Nonprofits Operating Abroad: A LIVE WEBINAR, hosted by Nonprofit WebAdvisor, March 5, 2020. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq.
- Nonprofit Restrictions on Investing: Know the Rules and Stay in Compliance, A LIVE WEBINAR, hosted by Nonprofit WebAdvisor, October 16, 2019. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq.
- Key Changes in EU General Data Protection Regulation, A LIVE WEBCAST, hosted by the Florida Bar International Law Section, Audio Webcast Series, May 16, 2019. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq.This course provides a general overview of the key new changes in EU General Data Protection Regulation and was presented one week before the changes went into effect. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq.